henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Friday, December 2, 2005
Welcome home Henry

I was born on Friday, Nov. 18, 2005, weighed 9lb, 7oz and measured 22 inches. That's pretty big huh?! My mom and pop were pretty surprised. I was so eager to arrive I couldn't wait for my mom to start that full dilation and pushing thing. Instead I opted for the c-section. My mom was a little nervous, but did great through the whole surgery. She even traded Russian greetings with the ob-gyn and anesthesiologist. Dad held her hand the entire time and gave her a blow-by-blow (appropriately edited) of what was happening behind the curtain the doctors had between her and me.

Now I'm home and getting settled into my new space and working out my routine. Although to describe it it may not sound like I do much (eat, sleep); however, I've got a lot of learning to do and it's not easy. Right now I'm trying to get a handle on my neck muscles, but it's tricky, especially considering my head makes up a third of my body mass. Also, it doesn't help that I spend most of my waking moments dodging (unsuccessfully) my own hands. As soon as I get control of my head, the hands are definitely the next thing I'll work on.

When I came home I met Rufus the dog. He's very curious about me but my folks keep him away because he is a little obsessive about licking. I'm pretty sure we'll be good friends eventually. If not, Dad says Rufus will go live with a 'farm family'. Does Dad really know farm families?

I celebrated Thanksgiving with mom, dad, and my grandfolks. Although my diet is still restricted to breastmilk I enjoyed the time with family. Mom was fairly unimpressed overall with the meal, which my folks ordered pre-cooked from Whole Foods. Dad didn't really comment much - he's less particular about food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home