henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Well, I recently went to my first (and second) movie with my mom and dad. We saw the film version of Rent and the new Sarah Silverman flick, Jesus is Magic.

Rent
I understand that this was a popular broadway musical, but to be perfectly honest, I thought this was a real snoozer. It opened with the main characters on stage singing "five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes..." That's all I remember. I slept from this point on. Hard.

Mom says there are important social messages in the movie and some great music. I can appreciate that. Unfortunately, the movie really starts slow. They really just needed to pick up the pace from the very first shot and engage the audience.

Jesus is Magic
This might have been a good movie, but I have to confess I got distracted about five minutes into the film. I was suddenly starving...so mom took me out of the theater and fed me. After about half an hour we returned to the theater...but at this point I was kind of full and not really in the mood to watch a movie, so I just slept. Hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home