henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

February - March - April
Greetings. Sorry to have delayed so long in writing – I’ve been really preoccupied with seeing and learning lots of new things. In February I visited my Grammie and Granny; in March I saw my grandpa Coop star in an Agatha Christie play. April has been a fun twist because Dad took the month off from work and has been taking care of me during the day (heh).

February
In February I took my first plane ride to Florida to visit my Grammie and Andy. I also went swimming for the first time. To be honest, I wasn’t that impressed with swimming…FYI to younger readers – it is essentially a bath taken in a really oversized tub with your clothes on (unnecessary in my mind). The water temp is not nearly as well regulated as a bath (read: much colder), but it is pretty neat to bathe outside.

During February I also experienced some hair loss. Actually a lot of hair loss. I hesitated to bring it up here, but since there’s so much photographic evidence, I feel it is better to discuss it out in the open. The good news is that it has grown back for the most part.

April
So I’m five months old now, and obviously I’ve got lots of questions about the way this world works. One of those questions might be: Uhmm…why did all of my hair just fall out? Born with hair. Now, at five months, hair’s back. Why did it fall out? I have overheard several versions of a single explanation, and it makes no sense to me. “It’s baby hair. All babies lose their hair.” Au contraire, mein Freund. First, I know babies that did not, in fact, lose their hair in the first year. Second, ‘baby hair’…what’s that? Is that like starter hair? Baby teeth fall out; I get it. There’s a space issue. But baby hair? I’m missing something. And I’m not complaining merely out of vanity. It was cold in February…hair would’ve been helpful to keep my head warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home