henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Monday, November 13, 2006

WEDDINGS

In my short life I have been to three weddings and I from what I can tell these types of parties can be very different but are basically made for babies. My first wedding was in a DC art gallery of sorts. Very pretty things to look at on the walls. The ceremony, during which my mom asked me to be quiet, (the one apparent draw back of these events) was short and sweet followed by a dance with a very fun Argentinean grandmother (and mother of the pretty woman in the white dress I guess). I don’t remember if she actually pinched my cheeks, but it was that kind of adoration thrown my way the whole night. I was pretty much the star of the show (although that pretty woman in a white dress that was vying for the spotlight)

Wedding number two was in Connecticut. From what I heard some part of the event was held in a beautiful old chapel and another part was held in a castle-like structure. According to my parents those parts involved some pretty music played by the bride’s twin sister and husband, some yummy food, fun dancing and another pretty woman in a white dress. The third and most critical portion of the event was held in Marriot’s room 285. Here I held court with my Grammy and Andy while mom and dad had to suffer through my absence. Grammy, Andy and I had a grand ol’ time. We participated in various traditional nuptial-type activities…playing with trucks, eating pasta, taking a bath, practicing my new skill of walking, etc.

My third wedding also took place in a chapel or at least part of it took place in a chapel. The second part of the wedding took place outside of the Mizzou Stadium at a tailgate party. From what I could tell from the adult buzz, this tailgate portion was a fun twist on wedding receptions. There was a delicious tailgate buffet, the traditional cutting of the cake and then another pretty woman in the white dress, followed by a funny looking man in a monkey suit, attended the football game in full blown fancy wedding attire causing quite a stir. While all this was going on I got to scramble around the tent, take a tour of the tailgate facilities in my stroller and kickback in nap mode when the adults bored me. This event once again proved that weddings are made for babies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

new posts! news posts! thanks

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home