henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

CRAWLING
So two days before my 7 month birthday I decided to give the crawling thing a shot. I had been rocking up on my knees and scooting for a while, but neither was really efficient enough for getting the things done that I need to get done. Some of these things are patting Rufus’s tummy, squeezing Rufus’s nose, pulling Rufus’s eyelids, splashing in Rufus’s water bowl and chasing Rufus when he tries to get away from me.

Let me tell you crawling opens up a whole new world to you. I now zip all around the house, though the stairs are strangely off limits to me. Places that I have not found too interesting since crawling– the three filled toy boxes set up for me on each floor of house. Really they are just too predictable and pedestrian for me. Places I have found very interesting since crawling – the aforementioned off-limits stairs, bookshelves (particularly those laden with heavy books for me to pull off), any electrical cords, trash cans and corners with dust bunnies. By the way…my mom needs a maid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home