henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

THE BROOK
I recently made my first trip to my Grammy and Andy’s place in the Adirondacks. On the ride up there was big talk about the fun to be had in the brook that runs in front of the house. My parents had me sold; I really was quite excited about the prospect of splashing in the pools and scooting down the flumes. What my parents failed to mention is the fact that the brook is apparently fed by an arctic glacier and is colder than a (insert your appropriate regional phrase that infers reaaalllly cold)! What the heck were they thinking subjecting the fruit of their loins to such horror? See photo for my reaction and note that neither of said parents have joined me in the brook. After much discussion, all parties involved agreed that a plastic wading pool installed next to the brook would be much more enjoyable. See photo for image of happy wet baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home