henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007



HAIRSTYLE IN CONFLICT
So as is probably pretty obvious from the attached photos I have little to no say in my hairstyle right now. It is pretty much up to my mom and dad. Lucky for their marital bliss, they seem to agree that they want to keep me au natural right now. No barber shop or salon in my near future. I guess I am ok with that and am glad that they can agree, but there seems to be some disparity in what exactly au natural means. My mom likes my long wavy tresses to play dress up
with in somewhat questionable ways. See attached photo with my ponytail sticking up like a cute baby girl’s.
My dad on the other hand thinks my uncut hair looks like a skate rat's (I think he is try to “reclaim” his imagined cool teenager years through me). If you notice in the attached picture I really just look like a rat minus the skate. I had a glimmer of hope that I would get a decent haircut when I recently grandparentsat for my Grammy and Andy, but both were made to sign a document swearing not to touch my lovely lovely locks.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

keep them long. i love it.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Grammy said...

You are sure a cutie, even with the ponytail. Grammy and Andy loved having you here without your parents.

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home