henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

WHY MOMMY AND I LOOK SO SERIOUS IN THIS PICTURE
If you haven’t heard yet, my mommy and daddy have made me a baby brother or sister. Right now “the Pea, Jr.” is cooking inside mommy’s tummy, but he or she should arrive sometime in late May. Both mommy and daddy are very excited about the new addition and tell me about how much fun it is to have a younger sibling. Mommy is particularly giddy with delight and only looks serious in this picture because she is probably thinking about how she is going to fit two cribs in our tiny Capitol Hill rowhouse or how she will be able to carry a newborn and a tank like me down the stairs.

I am a bit more uncertain about this new development. On the one hand I know my aunts and uncles (and therefore my mommy and daddy’s siblings) and know they are very fun and bring joy to my parents’ lives. But on the other hand there has to be a limit to a parent’s capacity to love right? Now, I don’t mean to sound conceited, but my parents worship me. I can do anything from throw food on the floor, to pull my Daddy’s much needed glasses off his face, to poop in the tub and I am pretty much heralded as a genius, a roguish imp or all around perfect child. So you can see my problem. How will this adoration be affected by my sibling’s imminent arrival, particularly since I will be hitting my terrible twos shortly thereafter? If I remember correctly from my own newborn-hood, babies are kinda boring and a lot of work until they are 5 months or so. I think that I am in the clear for at least 5 months, but after that who knows? Any tips for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home