henryelliottsmith

Welcome to my communication portal for friends and family.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

WALKING AND TALKING
Well, I thought I would get out ahead of Obama’s big announcement today and finally officially announce that I am a walker. This news comes a little late and to those of you who see me regularly is not much of a surprise since I have been walking since late September, but I did want to work on perfecting my new skill before going public. I have to say I have gotten pretty darn good at this over the last few months and have included a few photos of my prowess here. (please note that I am already an all-terrain toddler who can handle snow, pavement, floors, etc and do it all while holding other objects)






Now that I have this skill under my belt, I am currently focusing on talking. To be completely clear, I am really working on speaking in a manner in which my parents and other adults in my life can understand me. I actually speak quite well, but they don’t seem to get it. I have heard that the older people get, the harder it is for them to understand new languages. If this is true, my parents must be really old because they barely understand anything I say unless I am pointing right at it. Here is a sampling of my vocabulary so far:

  • Da – daddy or truck
  • Daa – that (very versatile word; can be applied to anything I want – sometimes use this for truck and daddy too)
  • Dah -- mommy or that
  • Dha – dog or truck
  • Dhaa – truck driving fast

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home